4 Cozy Soup Recipes for Winter
Winter season makes us think of all things warm and cozy. From hot chocolate to warm hugs from your loved ones!
While the winter season means lots of cozy evenings, it also brings the flu season with it. Fret not. We are not here to burst your winter happiness. We bring to you 4 of our best soups for this winter season that are a whole meal in themselves. These will not only keep you warm on the chilliest nights but also build your immunity to beat the cold.
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Ingredients: 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 large yellow onion, 1 ½ cups peeled and chopped carrots, 2 celery stalks (chopped), 4 garlic cloves (chopped), ¼ cup maida flour, 6 cups chicken broth, 500gms boneless & skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces, 2 teaspoons chopped thyme, salt to taste, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 500 grams dried gnocchi, and 1 cup roughly chopped spinach.
- Heat some oil over a medium flame in a cast iron pot. Add the chopped onion, carrot, garlic, and celery. Stir in occasionally till the chopped veggies turn soft.
- Add the maida flour and mix it ensuring all the vegetables are coated completely. Slowly pour in the chicken broth while continuously stirring. The slow pace will help avoid any formation of lumps. Stir for a minute.
- Now add thyme, chicken, pepper, and salt. Cook over medium flame till the mixture slowly starts to boil.
- Gradually add the gnocchi and spinach. Cover the pot and let the mixture cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove the flame. Your soup is ready.
- Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients: 1 whole pumpkin (skinless and chopped into smaller pieces), 1 sliced onion, 2 garlic cloves (chopped), 3 cups of chicken broth or vegetable stock, 1 cup water, 1 cup cream, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped pumpkin, onion, broth/stock, water, and garlic to Vinod Cookware’s Hard Anodised Sauce Pot. Cook on medium flame.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the pumpkin pieces turn tender. Remove the heat. Let the mixture cool down.
- Now with a hand blender, blend the mixture to a smooth consistency. Add the cream and stir the soup with a spatula.
- Season with salt and pepper before consumption. You can serve this with crusty bread.
- Tomato Soup
Ingredients: ~1 kg tomatoes, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon tabasco, 1 teaspoon truffle oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and de-seed the tomatoes. Boil them in a saucepot to make a smooth puree.
- Strain the tomatoes well. Add salt, pepper, tabasco and thyme.
- Heat the tomato puree. Add water if the puree is too thick. Or burn the water if the puree has a thin consistency.
- Drizzle some truffle oil and serve with garlic bread.
- Carrot Ginger Soup
Ingredients: 1 finely chopped or grated ginger (roughly 2 inches in size), 2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ sliced onion, 3 carrots (chopped in small pieces), 2 cup water, ½ teaspoon mixed herbs, ½ teaspoon pepper powder, and salt to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, heat the olive oil and sauté the ginger till it turns golden brown in color.
- Add the onion and sauté till they soften. Add the carrots and sauté them for some time.
- Add the water and salt. Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, drain the water and blend the mixture into a smooth puree.
- In a large kadai, cook the carrot puree and add the mixed herbs, pepper powder and salt. Adjust the consistency. Cook for ~2 to 3 mins.
- Remove flame and serve it warm.
Whether you prefer smooth tomato soup or chunky chicken soup, nothing makes you feel warm and fuzzy on a winter’s night like a hearty bowl of hot soup. We suggest wrapping yourself in a blanket and watching your favorite movie while enjoying your soup.
Do let us know which one is your favorite comfort soup for winter in the comment section below.