5 Easy Recipes for Valentine’s Day Dinner
Well, yes, cupid is here on a Monday this year, but that should not stop you from celebrating Valentine’s Day with your loved ones. We have compiled a list of quick and easy recipes that you can make to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year. It does not matter if you are celebrating this day alone, or with your partner or with your friends and relatives. Everyone should celebrate this day just the same.
- Parmesan Truffle Fries
If you are going solo this year, you can choose to work with your comfort food. But you do so much for yourself and deserve much more on this special day. Which is why, you need to try these potato fries with truffle oil for a rich taste.
Ingredients: 2 potatoes, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp kosher salt, 2 tbsp truffle oil, grated parmesan cheese.
- Cut the potatoes into fries, leaving the skin on. Preheat the oven to 230°
- Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl with parchment paper. Combine olive oil and kosher salt in it thoroughly.
- Spread the mixed potatoes on two baking sheets. Ensure the potatoes are spread far apart.
- Bake the fries for ~15 mins. Then flip each potato fries and bake the other side at 180°C until the fries are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and drizzle the fries with some truffle oil and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese.
- Marry Me Chicken
This dish is so delicious that if you plan to propose this Valentine day, it will definitely seal the deal. This dish takes 30 minutes to make but it will blow your mind for a longer time.
Ingredients: Chicken breast, flour, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter, garlic, chicken stock, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, chili flake, thyme, oregano, tomatoes, and some basil leaves.
- Dredge the chicken breast in flour. Be sure to dust off the excess flour.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan. Brown the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic, add the chicken stock and deglaze the saucepan. Now pour in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and allow it to simmer for a minute or two, then add the seasonings.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and put the chicken back in the saucepan. Let it simmer for a few minutes and thicken a bit.
- The lip-smacking Marry Me Chicken is ready! Garnish with some basil and serve it over some pasta or rice.
- Charcuterie Board
Not in a mood to cook? Want to still show your love with a sophisticated dinner? Charcuterie Board is perfect for you! You can color scheme the board in pink, red, and white color with fruits, cheese, dried flowers. Add some heart-shaped pancakes, berries and chocolate on a heart-shaped board and you have a breakfast-for-dinner recipe ready!
- Spaghetti Carbonara
Transport yourself and your family to Italy this Valentine’s Day with Spaghetti Carbonara. It is an Italian pasta dish from Rome made with eggs, hard cheese, cured pork, and black pepper.
Ingredients: Spaghetti noodles, pancetta (or bacon), garlic, eggs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, parsley.
- Boil the spaghetti noodles in a large pot of water.
- Whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese, and pepper in a mixing bowl and set aside. This is your sauce.
- Sauté the pancetta or bacon in a saucepan over medium heat until they are crisp. Add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and toss your spaghetti in the saucepan. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pasta water and combine thoroughly.
- Now add the sauce and stir for some time until you see the sauce turning thicker.
- Garnish with parsley and serve it hot!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
No celebration can end without a dessert! And it takes just about 15 minutes to prepare this one. Start with melting the chocolate (dark or semi-sweet) in a bowl, pick the fresh strawberries by the stem and dip it in the melted chocolate, place the dipped strawberries on a parchment lined tray and let them cool for 10 minutes. Place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes and let them set completely. Enjoy this dessert while you enjoy a good movie on this Valentine’s Day!
Hope these easy and quick recipes help you have the best of times with your loved ones on this special day!