Valentine's Day Special Dessert Recipes
Are you looking for last-minute quick and easy dessert recipes to cook on valentine’s day? Due busy schedule and valentine’s falling on a weekday, there is a chance that it skipped your mind to prepare something nice. What if we tell you that you can still manage to put together a delicious dessert for your loved ones in matter of minutes? We have got you 2 amazingly delicious and amazingly quick dessert recipes to cook this Valentine’s Day.
- Heart -shaped Cookies
If you are looking to make a dessert that is very easy and fun to make, heart-shaped icing-covered sugar cookies should be your go-to dessert for any occasion. You can use meringue-based icing to decorate them. You can also write your cute little secret messages on the cookies with the icing!
Ingredients: unsalted butter, heart shaped cookie cutter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder, and maida or all-purpose flour. You can make icing out of sugar, meringue powder, water and vanilla extracts, and some food colouring.
- Making the Dough: Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till light and fluffy. Slowly introduce the egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt and flour. Continue to mix until well combined. Wrap the dough in cling wrap made of plastic and form it into a ball. Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes until firm (at least one hour, up to overnight).
- Cutting the cookie: Remove the dough and allow it to come to room temperature. Spread some flour on a surface and roll the dough out into a 10-inch-thick sheet with a rolling pin. Start cutting cookies with heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies: The heart shaped cookies should be baked at ~180 degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
The cookies are now ready to be decorated with different coloured meringue icings. You can write your sweet messages on these delicious crispy cookies.
- Nutella Crepes
Crepes are pretty quick and easy to make. The batter can be made in a blender in a matter of minutes and cooking each crepe can take only about 5 minutes. And nothing can get better than decadent and delicious crepes made with Nutella and berries. They are light and fluffy and can be served at breakfast, brunch, dessert, or whenever you want something quick and easy.
Ingredients: Maida or all-purpose flour, eggs, whole milk, water, butter, confectionery sugar, your favourite berries, Nutella.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, flour, eggs, water, melted butter, and salt well.
- Once fully combined, using a blender, blend the batter for ~2-3 minutes.
- Grease your Vinod Zest Non-Stick Fry Pan with some oil and heat over medium heat. Evenly spread ¼ cup batter in a circular motion on the surface of the pan. Cook the crepe for a couple of minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Flip the crepe with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown. Place the crepe on a serving plate.
- Spread berries on one half of each crepe, then drizzle Nutella on top. The crepe should be folded in half and topped with more Nutella. If you like, dust some icing sugar on top. Serve right away.
So, what are you planning to make this Valentine’s Day for your loved ones? Let us know your valentine’s day recipe in the comment section below.