7 Last Minute Party Food Recipes
Are you trembling because of an impromptu party plan with your friends or family? Such last-minute parties can make you lose your mind – whether you are the one hosting it or bringing a plate. But we know some real crowd-pleaser food recipes you can rely on in times of crisis!
Here is a list of fun and tasty last-minute party recipes for your weekend brunch party or spur-of-the-moment cocktail party.
- Chocolate Pots
Ingredients: 200gm crumbled dark chocolate, 300ml cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence and 1 egg.
- Heat the cream for ~90seconds in a microwave.
- In a food processor, blend the crumbled dark chocolate and heated cream. Add vanilla essence and egg. Let the mixture continue to blend for ~45 seconds until smooth.
- Pour small portions of the mixture in different pots, then chill for 3 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and some strawberries pieces.
- Tuna Dip with Crackers
Ingredients: ~200gm tuna, olive oil, ½ cup mayonnaise, some green olives, finely minced garlic, salt black pepper, and 1 finely chopped onion.
- In a large bowl, add shredded tuna, mayonnaise, green olives, pimento cheese filling, onion and garlic.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix thoroughly into a dip like consistency.
- Place the tuna salad dip in a large serving bowl, serve it on a serving platter by surrounding it with some crackers.
- Watermelon Mojito
Ingredients: 100ml watermelon juice, 7UP, strawberries (halved), some diced watermelon, and some mint leaves.
- Take a glass half filled up with crushed ice. Pour 100ml watermelon juice and mix some 7up drink.
- Add the diced watermelons and sliced strawberries in the glass to garnish. You can also add some mint leaves for freshness.
- Paneer Cranberry bites
Ingredients: 200gram panner, mini pastry phyllo shells, ½ cup cranberry sauce and some roasted and chopped pistachios.
- Start by preheating the oven to ~200°
- In a baking sheet, arrange the phyllo shells. Place cut-to-size paneer pieces in each phyllo shell.
- Top each of the phyllo shells with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce. Sprinkle some pistachios over it.
- Bake the cranberry bites in the oven till the paneer has melted. Serve immediately.
- Green Mayo Nacho Dip
Ingredients: 1 cup pudina chutney, 2 to 3 tablespoon mayonnaise and some oregano powder.
- In a large bowl, take pudina chutney and add the mayonnaise. Blend it thoroughly.
- Keep adding either the pudina chutney or the mayonnaise in the mixture till you get a rich minty & sour flavour. Season with some oregano.
- Serve it with nacho chips or potato chips.
You can replace the pudina chutney with red ketchup sauce. Blend it with mayonnaise to get a salsa-kind of dip sauce for your nacho chips!
- Crunchy Cheese Wafers
Ingredients: ½ cup butter, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, 1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon grounded cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 cup rice crispies (kurmura).
- Pre-heat the oven to ~180°
- In a large bowl, add cheese, butter, cayenne pepper, sauce and flour. Mix it well until you can form a soft ball.
- Now gently fold the rice crispies making sure that the rice crispies do not turn into dust.
- Shape the mixture into tiny little balls and place them on a baking sheet. Flatten them with forks while forming a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 15mins or until firm.
You can check out the Mexican Corn Dip recipe from our previous blog about 5 Quick Recipes to Cook with your Vinod Pressure Cooker.
You will quickly know which one of your foods was the party-favourite. Just watch the speed at which they fly off the serving table. Or hear how frequently they are gushed about. We would love to know which recipe of yours was the real crowd winner. Do you know any other last-minute party food recipes that we can try? Let us know all about it in the comment section below.