Christmas Baking Without an Oven
Other than the divinity and the getting together of family and friends, what is an integral part of Christmas celebrations? It’s the aroma of freshly baked treats waffling through the air. Be it a celebration at a loved one’s home or basking in the festivities at a community center, the enchanting and comforting aroma of freshly baked goods is synonymous with the holiday season.
But if you find yourself without the convenience of an oven, the lack of it should not hinder your holiday spirit. With a touch of creativity and the right tools, you can still indulge in the joy of Christmas baking. Let’s explore how you can creatively bake without an oven with delightful baking recipes using pressure cookers.
Embrace the versatility of stovetop baking as an oven alternative. Vinod Cookware's pressure cookers, renowned for their quality and innovation, are ideal for this purpose. The even heat distribution and precise temperature control of Vinod's pressure cookers make them a perfect substitute for traditional ovens.
- Gingerbread Cake
Kick off your oven-free Christmas baking journey with a classic – Gingerbread Cake. Using an aluminum pressure cooker from Vinod Cookware, since aluminum has great heat distribution properties, you can bake a fluffy and moist cake. The controlled environment inside the pressure cooker allows for even baking, resulting in a gingerbread masterpiece that captures the essence of the season.
- Prepare your gingerbread cake batter in the usual manner.
- Spread some salt on the base of the pressure cooker. Place a small plate or a trivet over the salt.
- Now remove the gasket from the cover and cover the pressure cooker. Heat it on a medium flame for a few minutes. This is similar to preheating an oven.
- Pour the gingerbread cake batter into a cake pan and place the cake tray inside the pressure cooker using a tong to ensure you don’t burn your hands. Cover the pressure cooker ensuring the gasket is still removed.
- Bake the cake for around 50 to 60 minutes. You will smell the cake once it is done.
- Turn off the flame and insert a tester to check if the cake has baked through.
- Classic Kerala Plum Cake
Reimagine the classic Kerala Plum Cake by baking it in a pressure cooker. Vinod Cookware's pressure cookers will provide a sealed environment that traps moisture, ensuring the cake turns out moist and flavorful.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks with vanilla until it turns fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift maida, baking powder, and baking soda together. Blend in some butter and sugar using a blender till everything is creamy and combined thoroughly.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Mix some dry fruits and fold the mixture together nicely and slowly with a spatula.
- Grease a tin cake pan and pour the Kerala Plum Cake batter.
- Now prepare the pressure cooker in the same way as mentioned in the gingerbread cake section above. Once hot enough, place the plum cake tin with a tong inside the pressure cooker. Let it bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and check to see if the cake has been thoroughly cooked.
Beyond sweet treats, Vinod Cookware's Pressure Cooker opens up a world of possibilities for savory Christmas delights. From casseroles and roasts to festive biryanis, this pressure cooker is a versatile addition to your holiday kitchen. These pressure cookers are designed to offer durability and even heat distribution. Also, they are very easy to maintain, making them a go-to for preparing savory dishes that will leave your guests asking for seconds.
Christmas baking without an oven is not a limitation; it's an opportunity to explore the versatility of pressure cookers. You will find that Vinod Cookware's range of pressure cookers will emerge as a kitchen savior this festive season. Embrace the magic of pressure cooker baking and discover a world of culinary possibilities. From gingerbread cakes to steamed puddings and savory delights, there is so much more you can cook and bake with a pressure cooker to make your Christmas celebrations flavorful and memorable.
Happy baking and a Merry Christmas!