Outdoor Recipes to Cook with Dad
The beautiful wilderness combined with the calmness of the natural air just rejuvenates any relationship. Most of us have fond memories of camping with our fathers. With the warm and calming presence of your father, you always feel protected even in the wild.
If you are planning to go for camping or a day-trip into the nature with your father on this Father’s Day, here are some amazing and easy recipes that will surely help you bond over food.
- Hot Dogs
Assembling kind of recipe are the quickest and fuss-free to cook while camping.
Ingredients: hot dogs, mozzarella cheese, hot dog rolls, condiments like mayo, tomato sauce, & mustard sauce, olive oil, finely chopped onion and capsicum.
- Pour a little olive oil on a frying pan. Heat it on medium flame and sauté the chopped vegetables. Set it aside.
- Fry the hot dogs for a ~ couple of minutes on both sides.
- It’s time to assemble now. Pour some sauces on the inside of the hot dog rolls, spread evenly, and place a hot dog inside the roll. Top it with onion, capsicum, and mozzarella cheese. Super-fast and super tasty hot dogs are ready!
- Egg Sandwich
This is another assembling kind of recipe but has a very different taste. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
Ingredients: 4 hard-boiled eggs, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt, salt to taste, slices of bread, 2 tsp of different kinds of mixed seeds like chia, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame, sliced avocado.
- Peel the skin of the hard-boiled egg and chop the egg into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped egg with mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and salt.
- Now assemble the ingredients between two slices of bread - spread the mixture, place some pieces of avocado, and sprinkle some seeds.
- Lemon Chicken Skewers
This one is probably the most-easiest outdoor recipe that involves some cooking. It requires a little pre-preparation as well.
Ingredients: Chicken or paneer (cut into bite-sized chunks), bite-sized chunks of vegetables of your choice – tomatoes, capsicum, asparagus, mushrooms, etc., creamy feta sauce.
Cut your chicken and veggies. Before camping, carry them in different containers. Carry some creamy feta sauce, and seasoning herbs like paprika, cayenne powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Once you are in front of your grill, just arrange the chicken and veggies on the skewers and cook until lightly charred. Sprinkle them with seasoning herbs of your choice and serve with feta sauce.
If you are a rookie cook or your dad is not so outdoorsy, you can still have a great time by making this delectable game day sweet and savoury dish for your father by using just a pan. Whip up some good chicken pie and switch on that game on your TV! Father’s Day is in session!
- Buffalo Chicken Pie
Ingredients – phyllo cups, chunk cooked chicken, 200 grams cream cheese, buffalo sauce or hot sauce, ¼ cup ranch dressing, ½ tsp garlic powder, 3 tbsp blue cheese, salt to taste.
- You can start by preheating the oven to 350F.
- Line the muffin pan with phyllo cups.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Combine completely ensuring all the large chunks of chicken are broken up. Divide the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake the mixture for ~15minutes. You know it’s done when the top is turned into golden brown colour.
- Let it cool and serve the bite-sized chicken pies with chives.
Whether you decide to spend Father’s Day indoors or outdoors or even if your father is miles away, make sure you let him know how wonderful he is and that he deserves to be celebrated every day!
Let us know which recipes did you make for your father in the comment section below.